|20 March 2020 – Friday|
|21 March 2020 – Saturday|
- PV Briefing (Pakistan Forum) (20th March 2020- Friday)
20 March 2020 – Friday SESSION 1: SETTING THE SCENE FOR SOLAR ENERGY IN PAKISTAN – ESSENTIALS TO CREATE A LEADING & SUSTAINABLE RENEWABLE ENERGY SECTOR 10:00am-10:05am Welcome Remarks
Saleem Khan Tanoli, CEO, FAKT Exhibitions Pvt Ltd
10:06am-10:15am Conference Opening
Markus A.W. Hoehner, CEO, Joint Forces for Solar
10:15am-10:45am Keynote | Assessing the Viability of Solar Energy in Pakistan: Short-term benefits and Future Energy Scenarios
Nauman Khan Yusufzai, CEO at Grace Solar Pakistan, Chairman at Pakistan Solar Association
10:45am-11:15am Keynote | Renewable Energy Policies and the Regulatory Framework
Dr. Abid Qaiyum Suleri, Executive Director,Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI)
11:15am-11:30am Networking Break SESSION 2: REAL LIFE EXAMPLES AND BEST PRACTICES FOR SUCCESSFUL SOLAR ENERGY DEVELOPMENT 11:30am- 12:00am The Local Perspective: Key Issues to Successfully Initiate Solar Power Plants
Umer Farooq, Vice President Investments Pakistan, Yellow Door Energy
12:00pm-12:20pm The International Perspective: Best Practices and Lessons Learned from Global Markets
Ron Shen, VP of International Sales , JIANGSU GOODWE POWER SUPPLY TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD.
12:20pm-1:30pm Executive Roundtable Discussion: Synchronizing Domestic & International Efforts to Facilitate Market Growth in Pakistan
MODERATED BY Muhammad Saqlain Arshad, Senior Partner, SAQLAIN, HUSNAIN & CO.
Waqas Nazir Awan, Engineer, University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Taxila
Ubaid Rehman, Assistant Managing Director, Maxell Power (Pvt.) Ltd.
Karl-Heinz Tönges, Head of Strategic Projects & Markets, S:FLEX GmbH
Sylvio Zeidler, Sales Manager, KBE Elektrotechnik GmbH
1:30pm- 2:30pm Networking Break SESSION 3: UNDERSTANDING THE FUNDAMENTALS FOR SUCCESSFUL SOLAR MARKET TAKE-OFF IN PAKISTAN – AVAILABLE TECHNOLOGIES, FINANCING MECHANISMS AND LOCAL VALUE CREATION 2:30pm-3:00pm Technology Focus: Which Solar Energy System PV, CSP, SPV or Hybrid is Best Suited for Pakistan and Why?
Aamir Hussain, CEO, Tesla-PV
3:00pm-3:20pm Core Elements of Financing a Solar Project in Pakistan
Omar M. Malik, Director Business Development, Shams Power
3:20pm- 3:40pm Networking Break 3:40pm- 4:00pm Future of Grid in the Light of Distributed Energy Adoption in Pakistan
Waqas Haroon Moosa, CEO, Hadron Solar
4:00pm-4:30pm Interactive Q&A Session: 360° Review of Solar Market Requirements to Create a Vibrant Industry in Pakistan
All speakers, moderated by Markus Hoehner
4:30pm Conference Closing
- (Afghanistan Forum) (21st March 2020- Saturday)
21 March 2020 – Saturday SESSION 1 – ACCELERATING SOLAR ENERGY IN AFGHANISTAN – ESSENTIALS TO GROW A LEADING & SUSTAINABLE RENEWABLE ENERGY SECTOR 10:00am-10:15am Conference Opening and Welcome Remarks 10:15am-10:45am Keynote | Assessing the Viability of Solar Energy in Afghanistan: Short-term Benefits and Future Energy Scenarios
SPEAKER: Fariduallah Sharafmal, Renewable Energy Director, Ministry of Energy & Water (MEW)
- A review of the electricity market, renewable energy market and related organizations
- Renewable energy targets in Afghanistan
- The role of Solar Energy in Afghanistan’s energy mix 2032
10:45am-11:15am Afghanistan’s Solar Ambitions | Regulatory Framework and Governmental Support
- Political discourse on energy transition
- Reasons for and ways to independence of energy imports from neighboring countries
- Publicly supported ventures
11:15am-11:45am Solar Technologies | The Mounting System is the Insurance of the PV System
SPEAKER: Karl-Heinz Tönges, Head of Strategic Projects & Markets, S:FLEX GmbH
- PPA’s and other business models … what is important for the customer?
- The assembly system of a PV system preserves the value of the building!
- Choosing the right mounting system … more important than choosing the PV module?
- The whole is more than the sum of its parts … Experience is the key
11:45am- 12:15pm Prospects for Investors | Successful Realization of Solar Projects
- Concrete opportunities and legal challenges for local and foreign companies
- Guidelines on how to finance and structure solar energy projects
- Recent best-practice examples